Italy: Traditional Foods Tour with Primal Pastures
The Primal Pastures Civita D'Antino traditional foods experience is hosted by Primal Pastures and led by the husband/wife duo, the Dicesars. Loreto Dicesar grew up in Civita D'Antino and later moved to Rome, where he worked as a videographer for the Pope. After meeting his American wife in Rome, the couple moved to California. Fluent in English and Italian, the Dicesars will accompany us for the entire trip acting as guides and translators.
In addition to the many interactive activities and experiences in store (wine making, cheese making, farm tours, etc.), this trip is also an opportunity for like-minded folks to come together in celebration of a way of life that has largely been lost in America. Guests will experience a genuine focus on quality and will walk away with incredible memories, new cultural knowledge, and lifelong friendships.
About Civita D'Antino
- Small village located 1.5 hrs outside of Rome.
- Villagers still make everything from scratch with organic and sustainable materials. Many foods are grown within the region.
- Preparation methods date back to over 500 years.
- Village seasonally grows, eats, and harvests food.
- Experience true Italian hospitality as villagers invite us into their kitchens to learn traditional methods of preparing various foods.
- Quaint, traditional bed and breakfast lodging.
- Dine and visit with villagers and fully experience traditional Italian foods and culture.
Included in the Trip
- ALL meals
- Transportation in country. incl to and from Rome airport (We are excluding flights so that each person is able to plan their arrival and departure dates. We wouldn't want to stop you from exploring the rest of Italy or Europe for that matter!)
- Tours and photos
Saturday, September 27:
- Arrive at Rome (FCO), Transport to Civita D'Antino.
- Check in to B&B
- Arrival Dinner & Wine
Sunday, September 28 - Friday, October 3:
- Cheese Making
- Wine Making
- Bread Making
- Farm Tours
- Oil making
- Curing Meats
- Sausage Making
- Village Tour
- Relax Day
- Community Meals
Saturday, October 4:
- Transport to Rome (FCO)
*no part of the trip is mandatory. You are welcome to opt out of any activities at any time
a village (1.5hrs outside of Rome) that still makes everything from scratch with organic and sustainable materials grown within the region. preparation methods date back over 500 years
seasonally grows/eats and harvest food
experience true Italian hospitality as villagers invite us into their kitchens to prepare and then to the table to to learn and experience food/ culture and
spend hours in the kitchen and around the table preparing incredible meals all the while enjoying the company of all
ALL meals, transportation (in country. incl to and from Rome airport), tours, photos, and lodging are included
we are excluding flights so that each person is able to plan their arrival and departure dates. We wouldn't want to stop you from exploring the rest of Italy or Europe for that matter
....when in Rome ;)
join a group of like minded Americans
the trip is hosted in partnership with Primal Pastures and husband/wife duo Loretto and Amy . Husband grew up in this villlage later moved to Rome and worked as the videographer for the pope. met (in Rome) and married American wife and have since moved here to California. Both are fluent in english and Italian. They will accompany us the entire trip acting as guides, translators and most of all like minded friends
typical Primal Pastures style with a focus on genuine quality, life changing experiences and amazing relationships
a rustic cultural experience including 5 star food and drink, old world Italian lodging in a bed and breakfast and unforgettable friendships
Add something about Paleo approach / traditional foods emphasis but NOT a strict paleo trip at all!!
kick off dinner