9/29/23: Growing Profitable Poultry VenturesFarm Friday
Cost:$100.00 per person
About this experience
Ready to go from chicken hobbyist to poultry pro? Join "Growing Profitable Poultry Ventures," and learn how we started with 54 chickens on a 1/4 acre, grew to harvest over 10k birds in our backyard and successfully launched a separate wholesale pastured poultry business. On top of that, Primal Pastures now ships our premium poultry products as well as pasture raised beef, pork, lamb and wild caught fish nationwide, directly to our valued consumers.
In this intermediate class, we'll skip the basics and get into the real deal of running a successful poultry business. Topics will include:
- SWOT Analysis (Find your unique opportunity; it might not be what you think.)
- Production (Layers, meat birds and more.)
- Processing and Harvesting (USDA, FDA and backyard custom exempt.)
- Distribution (Farmers market, direct ship, pick-up locations, on farm pick-up, etc.)
- Marketing (Do you need a website or an instagram? How much do you invest in packaging?)
Get insights from our firsthand experiences and mistakes along the way.
If you're already raising chickens for eggs or meat and want to level up or want insight on a profitable poultry business, this is your chance. Discover how to spot growth opportunities, reach your desired market and build a strong brand.
Bring your passion, dreams, and questions—we're here to help you along this journey. From small-scale beginnings to nationwide success, let's hatch your poultry venture together.
Secure your first steps with our organic soy and corn free laying hens, available for $50 each, or opt for pasture pure French Toulouse Geese at $125 each. Be sure to bring suitable transportation if you plan to bring them home.
Member Price: $100.00/ticket (use code: POULTRYPROFITS)
Non-Member Price: $30.00/ticket
Each ticket includes a Primal Pastures T-shirt or Hat
- No ticket is required for children who do not wish to sit in on the class but are accompanying a parent who is attending the class. They are welcome to play in our eco park and on the playhouse; however, please note that there is no dedicated adult supervision provided.